Home Home About Unforgettable Moments Email Me Image Map

Monday, April 21, 2014

Be an Inspiring Teacher

When I was in Grade Three, I had to change schools because my family moved  a whole FIFTEEN MINUTES AWAY!

Life as I knew it was over. I would never see any of my friends again, and I surely would never make any new ones.

My third grade teacher was so amazing. Knowing I was having a hard time accepting this, she threw me a wonderful little going away party and gave me a very thoughtful card, which I still have to this day.

When I finally moved, I came home every day after school and cried on my parents’ bed until it was time for bed. {I was so hard done by}. But my parents were obviously very worried, so they spoke to my new teacher about it. I remember her going out of her way to introduce me to people who happen to still be some of my best friends today.

It didn’t take much longer after that for me to realize that the move was one of the best things for my family, and I’m so happy they made me stay and tough it out at my new school.

When I was on Pinterest this morning, I came across this picture and my story came to mind.




So teachers, keep in mind that the smallest act of kindness can stick with your students; because although I knew from day one that I wanted to be a teacher, these two ladies inspired me to be a great and caring teacher.


Ms. Wilder and Ms. Ford-thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment