Home Home About Unforgettable Moments Email Me Image Map

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

April Fools!

Oh boy, did I ever have a fun time pranking my Grade Ones today! After we finished filling in our calendar, I put on my most solemn face and told them that the principal is sending me to another school to teach Grade 3 for the month of April, and that a new teacher would be coming in to take my place.

Their lips—they started quivering. They kept asking me {in voices that resembled Cindy Lou Who’s} “Why?” over and over again. I couldn’t help it. I burst out laughing and yelled, “APRIL FOOLS!”

Then I said, “But I do have a surprise for you. I made you brownies! Come gather around the table and I’ll hand them out”.

They basically ran each other over trying to be the first one at the table. When I removed the tinfoil, this is what they saw:



They’re Brown Es. HAHAHA! “APRIL FOOLS!”

We all had a good laugh and for the next five minutes they kept asking if I actually had real ones anyways. Sorry, no such luck!

They were trying to trick me all morning as well. Their favourite was, “Ms. Lawrence, look behind you! There’s a little baby duck! Just kidding. APRIL FOOLS!”


It’s a good start, but it’s no Brown Es prank…

No comments:

Post a Comment