Home Home About Unforgettable Moments Email Me Image Map

Monday, March 17, 2014

St. Patrick’s Day

Happy St. Patty’s Day to ya! And welcome back from March Break! I have never felt so rejuvenated and ready to get back to school. March Break was spent exercising at the gym, getting back into healthy eating habits, going to an Arcade Fire concert, and getting ADDICTED to House of Cards. We actually spent 10 hours on Saturday watching episode after episode. We were hooked.

Anyways, back to school…

When I came back to the classroom this morning, a leprechaun had already been by! The desks were all turned so that the openings were closed in, he wrote all over our white board, rearranged our number line, and threw papers all over the floor! He continued this nonsense all day whenever the kids and I were out at recess or lunch. What a rascal!

You see, last year I took a trip to Ireland with some friends and I can’t be sure, but I suspect it snuck into my bag and came back to Canada. Havoc was wreaked last year after I got back, so I told the kids that the leprechaun probably hid out somewhere all year, just waiting to come back out on his special day.


Perhaps this is where I smuggled a leprechaun (accidentally)

This is what it must feel like to be a tiny little leprechaun

We decided to play along with the leprechaun and celebrate his special day. We wore lots of green, we read a funny poem, and did some Lucky Charms graphing.




When they weren’t working on math or literacy tasks, they were trying their darndest to catch the leprechaun with homemade traps.



I wanted to know what they felt lucky to have, so we wrote them down on foam shamrocks and made this cute little hallway display.



At the end of the day, while the kids were in library, our leprechaun left us a farewell note. Now we know for sure that he won’t likely return until St. Patrick’s Day 2015.




Now I really want to go back to Ireland…

No comments:

Post a Comment