Home Home About Unforgettable Moments Email Me Image Map

Monday, March 24, 2014

Notice Anything Different?

I got a blog makeover! Isn’t it sooo pretty?! I’m sending a big thank you to Beth over at The Cutest Blog on the Block Custom Designs. She was able to start right away, took my very non-specific design ideas and made something that is just perfect for me. She kept in regular contact with me, allowing me to approve designs and ideas before she installed everything. It’s the perfect blend of calm, yet fun colours, a bright appearance, and my love of ducks. Thanks so much, Beth!

Now, I need to apologize because I didn’t blog this past weekend. I was busy being lazy and helping my friend begin planning her wedding. But mostly being lazy. Good thing I already dedicated a post about St. Patrick’s Day (which was really the highlight of the week anyways).

But let me tell you about what we did on Friday. Our whole literacy unit this month is on poetry. The kids have read lots of poems and responded to them through art. On Friday, I had them begin the opposite task that they will be working on this week. I want them to respond to art with poetry. I had them create a rainy day picture and this week we will be writing rainy day poems to complement their pictures.





Don’t they look great? Click HERE for the inspiring idea I found on Pinterest.


On a glass half empty kind of note, I don’t have a lot of hope for the bean seeds we planted. My thumb is anything but green and I fear my kiddos’ plants are taking the brunt of it. If all fails, we will persevere and try again down the road.





I’m going to "oooo" and "ahhhh" over my new blog design for a little bit and then maybe do some marking. Maybe…

No comments:

Post a Comment