Home Home About Unforgettable Moments Email Me Image Map

Sunday, December 15, 2013

Christmas Cheer

I usually blog on Saturday mornings, but I’m switching things up. I hope you didn’t miss me too much.

Last week I was out for the last session of the phonological awareness workshop. I’ll post all about that another time. I pinky promise.

Looking back on the week, I feel like we didn’t do as much as usual. I guess things are really slowing down as the Christmas break approaches. We finished our rough draft letters to our friends in Uganda. The kids shared some information about themselves, then asked a few things they were curious about. Here are some questions they had:


I can’t wait to finish the letters this coming week and send them off!

I was trying to think of a good way to send home the Christmas ornaments we have made without running the risk of them breaking. I had flashbacks of watching the kids pack their bags at the end of the day and I just knew the ornaments would not make it home in one piece. Not even two pieces. Then when I was at Dollarama (as I usually am about three days a week), I saw that they were selling Christmas bags at 50¢ each. Light bulb! I bought 18 of them and set them out on the ledge. They are much like their mailboxes that they use to keep their agendas in the classroom. They have their names on the tags, and that’s where they put their Christmas stuff. I’ll keep them there until Thursday so that I can continue to sneak little Christmas goodies into the bags.


I can’t believe I’m struggling to come up with things to write about the week. I guess I’ll show you the “just for fun” holiday books I read this week.

How could I not read this to them?!

I'm planning a dinosaur unit in January, so I thought I'd prepare them with a dino-Christmas story.

Wait. This wasn't "just for fun". They wrote a letter to Little Hedgehog after reading this book. This one had a big purpose. Next!

Oops. This one had purpose too. We learned all about Kwanzaa! 
We also watched this video. Click HERE to watch.

Back to the "just for fun" books...


A cute story about writing letters to Santa throughout the year.

Same with this one. It touches on our letter writing and our big idea on being fortunate. 


A sneak peek at next week:
It’s spirit week! I LOVE Christmas spirit week. I went and bought a different cheesy pair of Christmas earrings to wear each day of the week. To kick things off on Monday, it’s Holiday Colours day. I bought a nice, warm, red sweater, candy cane earrings, and even decked out my nails. Full pictures to come next week.

Grade Ones notice EVERYTHING. They notice my regular nails on a daily basis, so they'll have a field day with these babies.

Also, the holiday concert is on Tuesday night and the slideshow is just about ready to go. I wish I could post it on here for you to see, but it has pictures of the kids. So just trust me. Their performance is going to be wonderful.

My handsome man turns 30 today so I’m pretty excited for cake, presents, and dinner. I think I may love his birthday more than he does.


Have a wonderful wintery Sunday, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment