Home Home About Unforgettable Moments Email Me Image Map

Thursday, July 24, 2014

Organizing Your Classroom

I was watching a few videos on classroom organization (because I’m cool) and I thought I’d share these two.

This first one is a quick one about seating arrangements. It talks about the three types: rows, u-shape, and cluster; and discusses the pros and cons of each. Click the picture to begin watching.



I know that in Grade One I used the cluster model, and the kids were only at their desks to do their work; not as I was teaching lessons. I’m wondering if the u-shape system will work better next year in Grade 3/4…

This next video is insane. It shows how a teacher in Korea took a boring, beige classroom and flipped it around using construction paper. My only wish is that they showed a final “Before and After” shot of the room, but I’m sure you’ll get the idea. Click the picture to begin watching. 



Hey, it’s Thursday! Let me do my first ever #tbt and show you the before and after of my classroom last year!


I can’t wait to start thinking of some designer themes for my threes and fours!


No comments:

Post a Comment