Home Home About Unforgettable Moments Email Me Image Map

Saturday, November 29, 2014

Elf on the Shelf

We have a special new friend in our classroom! We came in on Wednesday morning, and what did we see on the whiteboard ledge? An Elf on the Shelf! Last year, I made a wish to Santa and asked him to send me an elf and my wish was granted!



We read the book as well as this special letter she arrived with. We keep it hung up on the board so all the kids can come up to read it.



We also used the name ballots she came with to come up with a name. There were some great entries like Twinkle, Snowbelle, Bella, Snowflake, etc. After a draw, the winner that came out was Jackie. So our elf’s name is Jackie.

The winning ballot!

Our certificate also came with a letter from Santa but I forgot to take a picture of it. The kids want me to photocopy it so they can take it home to show their families. Too cute.

On Thursday some of the kids didn’t even take off their coats and boots before coming in to see where Jackie was hiding.



Friday was the last day of Movember and our school celebrated by having a Moustache Day. Jackie appeared on Friday morning with a moustache of her own.


She even left our class a little gift (she must have run out of nice Christmas ribbon).


I had to create a little mailbox for her because the kids love writing her little notes. I peeked in there and I also saw a Dorito and a chocolate chip cookie hahaha! Jackie ate it all and even wrote a letter back, answering the many questions from all those notes!


I think Jackie’s arrival will make the next three weeks a ton of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment