Home Home About Unforgettable Moments Email Me Image Map

Monday, September 2, 2013

Currently

My friend, Sam (who has an amazing First Grade blog) is really great at connecting with other bloggers in the teaching world. I always like reading what Silly Sam is up to, and I thought I’d give this little project a go. Maybe it will help me connect with more Grade One teachers. It’s called CURRENTLY and it seems as though it’s a way to let other educators know how you’re doing in your non-teaching life. Here’s mine:


Listening:
My boyfriend recently bought Final Fantasy XIV and he’s obsessed. Some women get super annoyed with their gaming men, but it really doesn’t rile me up. In fact, when he’s obsessed with playing, it allows me to obsess over planning, pinning, and blogging. We both indulge in our obsessions, which is a healthy thing to do. Having different interests keeps life interesting.

Loving:
Life! At this time last year, I was a new grad living in a world with no teaching jobs around me. I was bummed and discouraged; but then with a lot of hard work, patience, and determination, things began working in my favour, and now I’m teaching my own Grade One class. I have a man who loves me, and the most supportive family you could ever ask for. Life is good.

Thinking:
I am a planner. I get a euphoric feeling when it comes to planning anything; especially school. With school starting tomorrow, I have learned that I can’t exactly plan my week as I normally would because I don’t know the abilities of my students yet. I have to keep telling myself to plan one day at a time this week because this is normal. I have to keep the anxiety down and just go with the flow of the week.

Wanting:
Before I finished university, I made sure to visit the dentist and optometrist before my coverage under my mom’s insurance ran out. The thing is, even though my teeth were clean and my prescription hasn’t changed much, my beautiful glasses have had their day. After four years, I still really love them (that’s probably very rare), but the paint is chipping and they just don’t look nice anymore. So, as soon as my benefits kick in, I’m heading straight to the optometrist once again and I’m going to get new frames.

Needing:
I sleep in mixed pajama sets; usually a pair of bottoms and a random shirt from some sort of event or tourist attraction. I have more shirts than one would ever need and three pairs of pants. One of those pairs I have had since Grade Seven and the other pair has a hole in them. That leaves me one good pair. Heaven forbid I ever have to (for some reason) be in public in those pajamas; it would just be embarrassing! So I really need to go buy some new pajama bottoms.

Goals:

1. I was really good at attending the gym on a regular basis last year. I felt great and I enjoyed going (once I got there. I usually whined about it on my way). Then life got busy and going to the gym at 6:00 after work made me tired just thinking about it. I’m back to working right down the street, so I’ll get some work done at school, then head to the gym. I should still have my evening to lounge and unwind at home.

2. Like I said, I’m addicted to planning. The other day I bought some stuff at Michael’s and my boyfriend made me leave it in the car so I wouldn’t be tempted to work on it. The freedom of my evening was really nice. So once a week I’m going to leave all school stuff aside and just do something enjoyable.


3.It’s been an expensive journey getting to where I am today, so my third goal is to develop a strict repayment system so that I can have at least half of my student debt paid off by the end of the year. My mom’s an accountant so her professional guidance should help me stay on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment