Home Home About Unforgettable Moments Email Me Image Map

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Nominated by Nowak

    Yesterday was an exciting day for me because I won an award! It’s pretty prestigious. You’ve probably heard of it. I won a Liebster Award! Tell all your friends! Actually, I had never heard of it before, so when my dear friend, Stupendous Sam nominated me, I referred to her blog to learn about it. It’s basically a way to share and connect with other bloggers and in turn, to get your own blog out there! It requires you to answer some questions and share a bit about yourself; sort of like a chain email, but not as juvenile. There really is a purpose here.

1. Answer questions from your nominator.
2. Share 11 facts about yourself.

Who nominated me? 

Sam’s questions for me:

1) What do you use as your "teacher bag"? What's inside?
I always bring my laptop bag because my Mac comes to school with me every day. I also end up bringing anything extra in those free tote bags I get from various workshops and courses. And let’s not forget my lunch bag and purse. I’m pretty much a crazy bag lady!

2) What do you have for lunch at school?
I usually go for something light like a salad or a wrap. I always have some fruit and yogurt as well. Then I give myself a nice little treat with something with carbs or chocolate. I can’t help myself. Every Friday, the kids get pizza lunch and then I immediately detest my salad.

3) Where is your favourite place to travel?
I have travelled to many places, and loved them all. I have been to British Columbia, Venezuela, Dominican Republic, Aruba, Florida, England, and Ireland. I think Venezuela was my favourite “fun in the sun” vacation because it was so beautiful and exotic. I also loved Ireland because the culture was amazing and I did so much sight seeing with my girlfriends. It’s hard to choose!

Cliffs of Moher, Ireland


Margarita Island, Venezuela

4) What is your favourite children's book {or author}?
I always loved the BFG by Roald Dahl. My Grade Three teacher read it out loud and I thought it was the funniest and sweetest story. The Harry Potter series is also a clear favourite. My mom and dad used to buy me books so that I would stop re-reading the series. It never worked.

5) What was the best Christmas present you ever got from Santa?
Hmmm, this is tough. Santa is always so good to me. I think I have to go with the Easy Bake Oven I got when I was seven.


6) What's your favourite kind of soup?
Broccoli cheddar is pretty delicious.

7) If being a teacher was not an option, what would you choose to do?
I really have no idea. Teaching is my life. But if I am forced to choose, I guess I would work at the Disney Store. That looks like a lot of fun!


8) If you could be in any movie, which movie would you be in? 
What About Bob, because it’s one of the funniest movies ever.

9) If you could live anywhere in the world {besides where you live now} where would you live?
I’d probably live somewhere where I could wear light clothing in the winter months. I do not like winter, and I do not like feeling cold. So….Florida?

10) What is your favourite "teacher store" {where you get all of your classroom goodies}?
I love Scholar’s Choice for the professionally made classroom resources. For the more specific, lesson based products, Teachers Pay Teachers is my go-to place.

 11) What's one of your pet peeves?
Leaving doors, drawers, and cupboards open drives me absolutely crazy!

11 facts about myself
1. When the series Friends ended, I was so devastated that my parents let me stay home from school the next day.

2. I am a big fan of What Makes You Beautiful by One Direction. My iTunes playlist shows that I have listened to it 374 times.

3. I collect little toy ducks. It's getting out of control.

4. My mom is one of my biggest inspirations and my biggest supporter. I wouldn't be where I am without her.

5.  My favourite movie is Titanic. 

6. I absolutely, with every fibre of feeling in my soul DESPISE the movie The Never Ending Story. Worst. Movie. Ever. Agh!!
*I refuse to let a picture from this movie exist on my blog

7. One time, it looked like I was wide awake, but I was actually still asleep, and I was convinced I was a mailman who was late for a shift. So I stared at my best friend until she woke up so that I could leave and start delivering the mail.

8. I participate in Relay for Life every year (since I was 16). I run in memory of my dad.

9. I’m an auntie! Ella is 9, Mara is 7, and Leona is 5

10. My sister set me up with a teacher at her high school who used to supervise her in detention hall. He is a very patient man. He’s not as old as this fact makes him sound. He was never a teacher when I was at school. My sister still cannot call him by his first name.

11. I’m a crazy cat lady, and proud of it!

1 comment:

  1. All I have to say is: I'm totally working at the Disney store with you....and the ducks still get me every time!!!!! hahah :)

    ReplyDelete